Sunday, August 30, 2009

Fete Du Cheval



This weekend was the fete du cheval in St Astier, I have to say I think it was the best fun that
I have had in a long while, it was like pony club camp for grown ups! It started yesterday with a randonee, I taged along Jane and her friend 22kms later lotus and I were still keeping up with the pace and they did go a pace 22kms in 2h30 thats good going. As always lotus was very well behaved.
What I really loved was, the town was totally taken over by horses and their passionate owners and if you got lost just follow the poo, many people took their tents and stayed the night I wish I had too but was quite glad to have had a good nights sleep espcaily after hearing from the girls that the music kept going till 2 am and Jane had to ask them to turn "cotton eye joe" off and I had enough after a few hours of it!

So today was the "defilee" parade though town lotus was angel and stood still whilst we painted him I went with the bones and Jane had the muscles it was quite dramatic to have the 2 horses side by side although we had to write on Janes horse the muscles after being quizzed by many people sad really.

The parade was followed by drinks then lunch "yes!" a really good atmosphere and I think everyone had fun. Will look forward to next year.


No comments:

Post a Comment